I’ve been setting up my Google+ profile over the last few weeks. While I don’t think Google+ is ever going to replace this blog, I believe every blogging professional should consider having a presence on G+ for the following reasons:
- It broadens your circle of connections, allowing you to contact and be contacted by another subset of people you may not be able to reach through other social media
- It provides another platform to link your content to
- Since it’s Google, it may help your Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- It’s somewhat popular and gaining, and it’s worth getting a foothold in this social media
- It’s fairly easy to set up and post to
- Google+ circles allow you to view content in your own area of interest
Google+ accounts aren’t very difficult to create, so I recommend checking one out for expanding your business and personal reach on the Web.
My Google+ URL is https://plus.google.com/+JoeHertvik1/posts. Feel free to come check it out.
And if you’re a blogger, you should put a G+ post button at the end of your blog so people can link your content on Google+.
The next thing I need to do is find or create a Google+ button for people to visit my page.