IT Jungle just posted the last chapter in my series on Four Ways to Move an IBM i Partition. This series covers how you can move an IBM i partition from one location to another by using the following techniques:
- Restoring a partition to a different machine using traditional backup and restore technology, using the same system name
- Restoring and renaming a partition to a different machine, using traditional backup and restore technology and performing custom configuration
- Replicating to a different location using high availability technology
- Using externally connected disk including SANs, PowerHA SystemMirror for IBM i, or live partition mobility to move a partition between machines
We’ve published this series over the last two months and now it’s complete. Go to these links to read each of these articles in turn.
- How to Move an IBM i Partition, Part 1
- How to Move an IBM i Partition, Part 2
- How to Move an IBM i Partition, Part 3
Feel free to let me know what you think or if you want to add something to this series.