This technique is still new so please let me know what your results are and I’ll update this post in the future.
Here’s the technique I used to retrieve a custom URL to view my LinkedIn activity feed.
- Go into your LinkedIn profile
- Right-click on the View profile as button and select View recent activity from the pop-up menu that appears
- This will show the Recent Activity screen shown below. Right click on the URL address bar and select Copy from the pop-up menu that appears. This will copy the LinkedIn Internet address of your LinkedIn activity feed (Recent Activity screen).
My URL address looks like this:
When you click on this URL, it should bring up my LinkedIn recent activity screen, as shown here.
I created this URL on Monday and it still works today. This is a permanent URL that LinkedIn uses for my activity feed but I’d recommend testing for a week or two before using your own LinkedIn activity feed URL as a permanent URL.
Once you have your recent activity URL, you can create an alias on your Web site domain to redirect traffic to your activity feed URL.
After you’re sure this URL is working correct, you can use the shorter alias URL on your business cards, other Web sites, promotional literature, etc. to point to your LinkedIn activity feed.
Creating URLs for viewing other people’s LinkedIn activity feeds
You can also use this technique to find URLs that point to the activity feeds of popular LinkedIn influencers or posters you follow. Here are some URLs for popular people in LinkedIn
Click here to view all of Hillary Clinton’s recent LinkedIn activity
Click here to view all of Guy Kawasaki’s recent LinkedIn activity
If you have a Web site that follows a popular figure, you could link to that person’s LinkedIn activity feed for your readers. And you don’t even have to be connected to that person to view their LinkedIn activity feed.
To get to another person’s LinkedIn activity feed URL, do the following:
- Go into their LinkedIn profile
- Right-click on the Following or Follow button and select View recent activity from the pop-up menu that appears
- This will show the Recent Activity screen for that person. Right click on the URL address bar and select Copy from the pop-up menu that appears. This will allow you to capture the URL address of their Recent Activity screen.
If you try this, please let me know what you think either by posting a comment here or by emailing me.