Here’s my current list of vendors who provide IBM i system monitoring products.
- Adventure Tech Group iConga
- Arpeggio Software SIFT-IT Detection and Auditing Software
- Bytware MessengerConsole (owned by Help/Systems)
- CA Technologies, CA Nimsoft Monitor for IBM Power Systems
- CCSS System Management Solutions (owned by Help/Systems)
- COMTEK, COMTEK/400 Agent for iSeries
- DRVTech MessageFlex
- Enforcive Enterprise Security for IBM i
- Halcyon Software IBM i (i5/OS, System i, iSeries, AS/400) Monitoring, Scheduling & Automation Software
- Help/Systems Robot/ALERT (sends alert messages) in combination with Robot/CONSOLE (monitors for system messages)
- Imperva SecureSphere Agent for DB2/400
- Kisco Information Systems SNDTWEET
- Nagios, Check AS/400 plugin for monitoring IBM i systems
- PowerTech Interact Real-Time Event Monitoring (owned by Help/Systems)
- Raz-Lee Software iSecurity Action
- Redbourn Business Systems Integrated System Management Service
- RevSoft Rev Message
- SEA absMessage
- SMA Solutions, OpCon Agent for IBM i
- Tango04 Visual Message Center for iSeries/IBM i
- Trader’s Quick-CSi
Please let me know if you know of any other software packages that should be added to this list.
A good IBM i system monitoring package can provide many benefits when a problem occurs on your system.
- It can alert responsible personnel whenever a programming or system problem occurs on your system. Alerts are usually sent out via email, text message, tweet, operator message queue, or other means.
- It can eliminate the need for overnight personnel to monitor the system for problems
- It can be automatically configured to answer messages or allow you to answer messages from other devices, such as cell phones
- It can escalate alerts to other staff if the first person on the alert doesn’t answer the message
- It can sometimes kick off other programs, commands, APIs, etc. when things go wrong