IT Jungle just posted the last chapter in my series on How to Create an Incident Management Plan for your IBM i configuration. This series covers the seven critical elements every IBM i incident management plan should include.
- What type of monitoring are you doing: Manual, automatic, or hybrid?
- What are you monitoring for?
- Call trees: Who should be alerted when a problem occurs?
- Call tree protocol: How do you contact responders?
- Redundancy: What happens if your response protocol breaks down?
- Who handles damage control and keeping users/management informed?
- Recovery: What happens after the problem is over?
We’ve published this series over the last month, and now it’s complete. Check out parts 1 and 2 at the following links:
- Elements of an IBM i Incident Management Plan, Part 1
- Elements of an IBM i Incident Management Plan, Part 2
Feel free to let me know what you think or if you want to add something to this series.