- Just finished a project to change out the cache batteries on two Power 7 720 machines
- Swapping out three-year old batteries in our Data Center’s UPS
- Starting a new project to upgrade three IBM i partitions to i 7.1 from i 6.1
- Performing two High Availability switch over exercises in the next month to test two companies’ ability to use their HA boxes in a disaster.
- Migrating two IBM i 6.1 partitions from existing Power 6+ machines to new Power 7+ 770 machines. The interesting part of this project is that we’re using Vision Solutions’ Mimix replication software to perform the switch. I’ve written an article on this for the January 15th Four Hundred Guru newsletter (IT Jungle).
- Starting on a set of case studies for a new writing customer
- Working on other new marketing material business, including writing white papers for various tech companies and ghosting a technology blog
Since all of my blogs posts and articles stem from my personal experience, expect to see more articles on these topics in the coming year. If there’s any specific topic you’d like to hear more about from my current project list, email me and I’ll see what I can write up.
If you have a project you need help or advice on implementing, feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice and a possible quote. We provide all types of services for Data Centers, IBM i shops, and software companies, and I’d love to hear what you’re up to.