IT Jungle just published part 1 of my newest article covering the Elements of an IBM i Incident Management Plan. In this series, I’m covering the following components of an IBM i-centric incident management plan and how to implement them:
- What type of monitoring are you doing: Manual, automatic, or hybrid?
- What are you monitoring for?
- Call trees: Who should be alerted when a problem occurs?
- Call tree protocol: How do you contact responders?
- Redundancy: What happens if your response protocol breaks down?
- Who handles damage control and keeping users/management informed?
- Recovery: What happens after the problem is over?
In Part 1, I cover items 1-4. Part 2 to be published on April 16th, will cover items 5-7.