My blog at joehertvik.com is looking for guest authors who want to sound off on any of those topics. Writing for this blog is easy. All you have to do is:
- Contact me with what you’d like to write about and we’ll see if we have a match. Make sure it’s something you’re passionate about and can write on with clarity. Also be sure it fits into the guidelines below.
- Write with as much purpose, passion, and clarity as you can muster (or did I say that, already?)
- Write to my audience. As long as it fits into the general parameters of IT administration (especially IBM i), marketing IT tech industry material (including white papers, case studies, brochures, etc.), interesting technological information from an admin viewpoint, or how to promote IT industry products using the Web and social media (particularly LinkedIn or Twitter), we’ll probably be good to go.
- No outright marketing of computer industry products allowed. Let’s talk about IT product marketing, IT admin, and IT Web promotion in general without pimping a particular product (that’s my job). We’re a non-product specific Web site and we don’t have any advertising. Bring something of value to our readers.
- Keep it under 500 words. Nobody wants to read a novel.
- What’ s with that dang elephant in your post? He followed one of my blog posts home and I can’t seem to get rid of him (you try moving an elephant). Sometimes he goes away and is replaced by an owl.
- Hertvik Business Services (HBS) reserves the right to make some tweaks to insure the copy is readable and to double-check your claims. We won’t rewrite your post. We’ll either accept it with some tweaking or reject it entirely.
- HBS also reserves the right to refuse to publish anything we receive. There are no guarantees but we’ll probably post if your material’s a fit and well-written.
- HBS and the author both have the right to use the material any way either of us see fit. I won’t stop you from posting your content on another site and you won’t stop me from using your content with attribution to you. We both have unlimited publication rights to the shared post. Feel free to link to your article from anywhere or rip out your article text and post on another site (as long as they’re cool with that).
- You get to play without pay. I don’t pay for content but you get a forum to post to several like minded readers and content to post to for LinkedIn status updates, Twitter feeds, Pinterest, and other Web sites.
So if you’re interested in writing for this market, drop me a line and let’s see if we can put something together. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.